Support for Windows Vista
ANY-maze version 4.50 fully supports Windows Vista, including Vista's new Aero graphical style. However, the not so good news is that many of the digitiser supported by ANY-maze have yet to have their drivers updated, so most digitisers can not, at present, be used with this version of Windows. Nevertheless, if you're using a digital camera, then Vista is a great choice for ANY-maze.
A new I/O page has been added for configuring and testing I/O devices
As ANY-maze is increasingly being used with I/O devices - to detect such things as beam breaks, switch presses or to control devices like shockers and lamps - we've improved I/O support by adding a new I/O page.
The I/O page acts as a single location where I/O devices can be configured and tested, making it much easier to set up equipment.
DVDs can now be played directly in ANY-maze
DVDs can now be played directly in ANY-maze, using the computer's DVD drive. This is a great benefit if you record experiments directly to DVD using a standalone recorder - a trend that seems to be growing as recorder prices fall.
User defined animal IDs
A much requested feature - it is now possible to use your own animal IDs in ANY-maze rather than the program's animal numbers. Throughout the system animals are then refered to using your IDs.
Test can now be scheduled manually
To accommodate experiments where the test order is simply too complex, or random, to be defined within ANY-maze, it is now possible to schedule tests manually. This allows you to enter tests in any order you wish, simply by specifying which animal, or animals, will be tested next.
- Zone entries can now be scored based on the position of the animal's head.
- A special fast auto-start has been added for water-mazes.
- New measures have been added to score rotations of the animal's body.
- Other new measures include: Overall maximum speed; Path efficiency; Distance travelled until first entry into a zone; Latency to last entry to a zone; and more...
- The new Picolo Alert digitiser is now supported - this is the first PCI-express digitiser supported by ANY-maze.
- All video sources now support zoom - this includes video files and DVDs.
- There are a number of other improvements too. To find out all the details why not simply...